10 Things A Man Shouldn't Do on a 1st Date...
A first date can be nerve-wracking. Women worry about what to wear, how to act, and dread questions that may be asked over dinner (should I lie? Or tell the truth? Is it any of his business?). We can all agree that dating isn't easy.. we've all been through a "perfect" date, where the man will drop you off and you never hear from him again, and we've been through horrible ones-- where you are ready to leave 10 minutes into the date.
To our male readers, are you wondering why a woman hasn't called you back after a "perfect" date? Well, here are Allthatsfab's top 10 things a man shouldn't do on a first date. (To our female readers, please chime in and add to the list!):
1. It's always nice to have a man pick you up on the first date, so if you do decide to pick her up, please be on time, not 2 hours late.
2. Most likely the first date is going to be dinner and a movie. Over dinner, keep the conversation going. Silence is... awkward. Don't talk about past experiences with baby momma's, or how your last woman did you so wrong, and most of all.. don't talk about SEX.. This can all wait for a later date.
3. Men, don't tell your date she can order whatever she wants, and then kind of give her that, "Wow, you eat a lot" look. Don't comment on how she eats, or how much she eats.
4. A woman understands that you may be a little nervous on a first date, but please don't try to calm your nerves by ordering too much alcoholic beverages. We don't want to have to carry you out of the restaurant.
5. When the bill comes, don't leave it on the table for 20 minutes. We begin to wonder who is going to pay for it. Trust me, we've all had situations where we ended up paying the tab on a first date.
6. After the meal ask, "So, are we going dutch..or..??"
7. If the dinner goes well, a woman should be cool with going to a movie afterward. Don't enter the theater and say something like, "Well you know, since I paid for dinner is it cool if you got this and the popcorn?"
8. In the movie theater, please keep your hands to yourself. Don't start rubbing the leg or start tracing little light circles on a woman's back with your fingers. Unless, of course, she's completely comfortable with it. But most women on a first date don't like to be touched. You can show a woman you are interested by keeping your hands off.
9. Answer the phone, and have a casual conversation with God Knows Who for 10 minute (This goes for emails, instant messanger, text messages, BBM, any form of communication on a date is rude!)
10. Don't ask a lady to come by your house after a good date. Take her home, peck her on the cheeck, tell her you'll give her a call tomorrow, and that's that.
If the girl is feeling you, and you follow these 10 things you shouldn't do on a first date, we almost guarantee you'll see that woman again.