Quantcast

Mom Says Starbucks Gave Her Coffee Tainted With Blood

One mom went out for a Frappuccino at her local Starbucks in February of last year. She drank the beverage, and even offered a few sips to her 2-year-old daughter, before noticing that there were dark stains on the cup.

She suspected the stains were blood, and called the coffee shop to ask about it. Now she's suing Starbucks for putting her and her daughter at risk for blood-borne diseases.

Amanda Vice and her 2-year-old daughter had to get blood tests to check for diseases after drinking a coffee that was tainted with a Starbuck's employees blood. The mom says she was in the process of drinking the coffee, before noticing what looked like blood stains on the cup.  

She also noticed what she describes as a 'strong metallic smell'.

"It was inside of the rim of my Frappuccino," said Vice.

She adds that her daughter, Payton, also had taken a sip from the cup. "She was licking the whipped cream where it had been sitting on top."

When she called the coffee shop, the employees admitted to Vice that one of the workers was bleeding earlier that day. She had to be taken off the floor.

"My wife and my baby just drank someone’s blood," Amanda's husband, Louis Vice, told KTLA. "It was bad."

The manager initially apologized and offered the family free drinks for a week. He also added that the barista would get tested to make sure she was not HIV-positive, and that she didn't have any other blood-transmitted diseases.

The family later discovered that the employee was never forced to get the blood test, so they had to go to be tested themselves.

"We felt sick to our stomachs, we shouldn’t have to worry about going to get something to drink and there being blood in our drink where we could get sick," said Amanda.

Tests initially came back negative, but the family had to go back in six months for more tests. Some illnesses take time to show up in the blood.

The second test also came back negative, but it was a terrible six months for the family considering some blood-borne diseases can be deadly.

"This caused the family stress, nervousness, fright, anguish, grief, anxiety, worry and shock for several months while awaiting the second round of test results," said a lawyer for the family.

“They endured additional distress because Starbucks seemed to not care about their well-being and refused to direct the employee to undergo a blood test to ensure the family’s safety,” the attorney added.

Besides the issue with safety, the sanitary issue just made the mom feel sick. "The thought of drinking somebody else's blood made me sick to my stomach," Vice said.

Starbucks proceeded to offer each family member who drank the tainted brew $1,000, but Vice says it's not enough. "I thought it was sort of belittling," she says.

The family has now filed a lawsuit against the company. "The blood was smeared on the inside and outside rim of the cup," the lawsuit alleges.

Starbucks refuses to comment on the incident. "We are aware of this claim that allegedly took place in 2016, and are prepared to present our case in court," the company said.

Source: MailOnline
Photo: YouTube

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

A mother and daughter were traveling in India and were on a local train, but things turned into a complete nightmare for them. It was so horrific...

A pair of strangers found an interesting way to pass the time during a recent Delta Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Detroit, but they now find...

A teen boy in India began complaining about stomach pains, and things got so bad that he was brought to the hospital. Doctors did a scan expecting...

A woman's life was completely turned upside down over one meal. While that may be hard to fathom, it makes more sense when you consider that the...

A man faces charges for killing three children when he decided to completely disregard the speed limit. Now, his recent comments are only making...

Latest Fab Stories

There are plenty of benefits to having an incredibly large presence on social media, but it also opens up a ton of risk. Virtually everything you...

Four months ago, a 16-year-old autistic boy left his mother's home in Iowa to go for a walk near a local creek. He never returned, and authorities...

A man was at home when suddenly he was having chest pains and struggling to breathe. The man was having a heart attack. Lucky for him, his 5-year-...

This October was the one-year anniversary of the late King of Thailand, Bhumibol Adulyadej. On October 26, a cremation ceremony was held in Los...

Some unfortunate drug dealer made a terrible mistake. Either he put his stash in the wrong storage bins, or sent it to the wrong address. No one...