Sleep is one of the most essential elements for health and well-being, and without it, your health may start to slowly deteriorate over time. People with back pain may face even more challenges trying to get a good night’s sleep. There are so many factors that can affect a good night of sleep stemming from health issues, stress, comfort, support, and more. The most important element for a good night of sleep starts with the right mattress specifically for you. If you are a side sleeper, there is a specific type of mattress that will work better for you, but if you have back pain, then there is another type of mattress that is more appropriate. Then again, if you are a side sleeper with back pain, there is a mattress that is right for you as well. The list goes on and on and on. First identify your mattress requirements by keeping your health concerns, such as back pain, at the forefront of your specifications. Although you may enjoy a soft mattress, that may not be the best for your back and in turn, cause your restless sleep. Having the right mattress will provide support and restorative sleep. Fortunately, there are five mattresses that provide the best support and significant pressure relief for back pain. It can be overwhelming trying to find the right mattress with hundreds of mattress options. It is all about finding the one that will provide the most comfort and support so that you can begin to heal your back, as well as overall health. Here are the best mattresses for back pain.
1. Saatva is ranked number two by the Consumer Mattress Report specifically for back pain and the best mattress winner overall. The Saatva Classic is an eco-friendly mattress that has a contoured pillow top which is designed to support your shoulders, back, and hips. This company provides white glove delivery service, a 180 night home trial, and a 15-year warranty.
2. AmeriSleep mattresses are made to facilitate healthy spine alignment. The medium-firm AS2 mattress is perfect for back and stomach sleepers. And, Verywell Health ranked this mattress as the best for back pain. This company offers a 20-year warranty, a risk-free 100-night trial, and free shipping and returns.
3. DreamCloud mattresses have a quilted surface with medium firmness. This mattress offers excellent support and significant pressure relief, which is key for those with back pain. According to Consumer Mattress Report, DreamCloud is ranked number three for back pain. This company offers a 365-night trial, lifetime warranty, and free shipping and returns.
4. WinkBeds mattresses are perfect for back pain sufferers as its coil-on-coil design and euro-style gel-infused polyfoam pillow top provides the necessary support for a good night’s sleep. The coils are arranged in zones in order to provide extra support for parts of the body that are heavier. The mattresses come in three types of firmness; medium soft, medium-firm, and firm. Winkbed offers a 120-night free trial, a lifetime warranty, as well as free shipping and returns.
5. Helix mattresses are constructed to provide close contouring and pressure relief which helps improve spine alignment. There are three models varying in firmness; Moonlight - soft, Dusk - medium, and Dawn - firm. This company has a line of Luxe mattresses which are an upgrade to their baseline of mattresses. Helix offers a 100-night sleep trial, a 15-year warranty, and free shipping in the United States.